The new year brings another version of the NewSoftSerial library, a beta version 11. Changes since version 10 include:
- Inheritance from the new Arduino Stream class and commensurate interface adjustments (added peek(), changed signature for available())
- write() member is now public, following the lead of Print base class
- support for Arduino Mega and Mega 2560 — thanks Brett Hagman!
- new listen() mechanism for switching between Rx instances
- renamed the library “SoftwareSerial” in anticipation that it will soon replace the native library
Note: Not all pins on the Mega and Mega 2560 support change interrupts, so only the following can be used for RX: 10, 11, 12, 13, 50, 51, 52, 53, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69